- Programme Officer – Information Management & Accountability
- Project: Site Development Project, Funded by IOM
- Location of posting: Cox’s bazar
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract,
- Vacancy: 01
- Duration of Contract: Up to 31 March 2022 (if not extended)
Programme Officer- Information Management & Accountability will be responsible for data management, complaint mechanism, and overall information management of the Site Development project. S/he will coordinate with camp in charge and stakeholders for the smooth implementation of the project.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
- Assist in humanitarian gap analyses and refugee needs assessments relating to site development by using KoBo Collect, ODK Collect and other advanced software
- Assist in data collection exercises including service monitoring
- Maintaining and managing databases of all community infrastructures such as roads, pathways, drains,
- Responsible for ensuring complaints and feedback are properly addressed
- Responsible for monitoring and/or evaluation of project interventions
- Assist in ensuring AAB visibility, facility coding and nomenclature
- Creating and updating databases of casual workers for cash-for-work schemes
- Responsible for generating IM and IEC products
- Liaise with Camp in Charge (CiC) and local authorities for project approval and clearance, as needed
- Assist in organizing regular meetings with site development actors and preparing meeting minutes
- Coordinate with different stakeholders based on the requirement and suggestions from CiC
- Assist in managing refugee relocation process in coordination with Deputy Manager – IM, Technical
- Coordinator and stakeholders
- Assist in drafting quality narrative reports shared with the donor and ActionAid International
- Support the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs), concept notes, relevant strategies and project operation plans
- Responsible for addressing the donor’s feedback and queries in reports
- Coordinate with the AAB communication department to produce video documentary and stories on significant achievements under the Site Development project
- Archiving and ensuring proper documentation of project achievements.
- Programme Officer – Information Management & Accountability will report to Deputy Manager – Information Management & Coordination.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Sociology, Development studies, public administration, Journalism, International Relations, or equivalent degree in relevant disciplines (flexible in terms of person having working experience in Rohingya Response)
- At least 2 years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organizations
- Proficiency in the local language will be an advantage.
- Understanding of CCCM/ Cash-for-Work (CFW) is highly desired.
- Knowledge of KoBo and ODK.
- Proficiency in English writing and speaking is a must.
- Ability to write narrative reports independently.
- Gender sensitive and familiar with humanitarian principles, Human Rights Based Approach
- Able to take decisions in a timely manner, prioritize and multi-task seamlessly.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and meet deadlines.
- Team player with experience in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environments.
- Data management, Proficient with MS office suite
Application instructions Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions: Last date of application is Saturday, 15 January 2022. Due to an emergency, recruitment will be on rolling. The interested candidates are requested to apply before the deadline.